Will you be visiting Houston, Texas or has your family recently moved to Houston? Payless Power, providing cheap electricity in Houston, has several suggestions for those seeking fun and cheap things to do in Houston. Houston residents and visitors are very fortunate to have free/inexpensive outdoor, cultural, and memorable attractions to explore and enjoy!
- Discovery Green is downtown Houston’s new 12-acre park. You can listen to live musicians play in the amphitheater, ice skate in the winter months, or relax and enjoy some people-watching. On Sundays, the Green Market is open for business selling fresh produce from local farmers. The park also has children’s playgrounds, a model boat pond, and other interactive water activities for kids to explore.
- Hermann Park boasts 445+ acres of land and is one of the most well-loved attractions in the Houston area. The Miller Outdoor Theatre is located within the park and has free classical music, dance, acrobatic entertainment, and kids’ productions from March to November. A family can bring their own picnic while they lounge on a blanket and take in the show.
- Sam Houston Boat Tour is a 90-minute tour of the Houston port and harbor. The captain or co-captain entertains the passengers by telling the history of the seaport. Ocean freighters and barges make their way through the channel, navigating its narrow and long (50 miles) waterway.
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center is a great place for families to explore. This 155-acre park is a nature sanctuary focusing on protecting native plants and animals. Admission is free and leashed dogs are welcome to come along with you!
- The Water Wall is a horseshoe-shaped fountain that is 64’ tall. Located at 2800 Post Oak Blvd., the Water Wall is a great place to rest, get exercise, or play some Frisbee. Its three acres have over 180 oak trees to shade you from the hot Houston sun!
- Several museums in the city are also free or inexpensive, including:
- The ArtCar Museum (a.k.a. the Garage Mahal) is interesting and unusual with its artistically-designed and altered vehicles. It is open Wed – Sun with free admission.
- The Buffalo Soldiers National Museum is known for its comprehensive display of African-American military history. It is open Mondays with free admission, and Tues – Sat for a $2.00 admission cost.
- Contemporary Arts Museum prides itself on showing new works from artists worldwide and offers special art programs and lectures. The gift shop is very popular for its unique gifts and books.
- The Holocaust Museum Houston has a permanent exhibit called Bearing Witness: A Community Remembers. Included in the exhibit are local Holocaust survivors’ horrific stories; the museum educates young generations on the danger involved with prejudice and hatred.
As you can see, there are a number of cheap and enjoyable things to do in Houston. The list provided hereby Payless Power, your houston electric provider, is only the iceberg’s tip of a huge number of family activities you can check into.
What our customers are saying
See why our power customers say we're the best electricity provider in Texas!
Affordable and easy to make payments
I was worried about getting electricity for my home through a prepaid company. I was calling around to see different rates then going through all the hassle of credit checks while dropping points each…
I have been with this company for several years and have been very happy since. Even when I moved, they made my usually stressful situation very easy and carefree. I recommend them to everyone that I…
Long term customer
I have enjoyed the service for 2 years now. In the beginning this service was planned to be temporary but with the service being so effective for me i decided to keep it for the long haul. I’m a happy customer.