In the current economic climate it can be a challenge for young families who are trying to stay within their budget find cheap things to do in Dallas. As your retail electric provider, Payless Power has several suggestions for you to explore in your free time. Here are some fun and cheap or free activities for you and your family to check out!
- White Rock Lake – You can park your car and walk, run or bicycle the trails or you can drive around and admire the beautiful communities and homes in the area. Bring a picnic lunch to stop and eat and feed the ducks too!
- Trinity River Audobon Center (TRAC) – Enjoy some of the outdoor nature activities that this huge 6,000 acre forest offers. Perhaps pick up a bird and a tree reference guide at the library on the way there and have fun trying to identify the various types of trees and species of birds you observe in the park. Don’t miss the innovative discovery center! The entry fee is less than $10.00 and the third Thursday of every month is FREE! Nature classes are also offered at minimal cost if you are interested.
- Hop aboard the M-Line’s Trolleys for a free tour to the uptown neighborhood in Dallas. Let the conductor do the work while you sit back and relax and take in the sights. Although the cost is free, donations are accepted in the fare boxes.
- Check out late nights at the Dallas Museum of Art. Head to the museum on the 3rd Friday night of each month to explore and indulge your creative side. The night offers fun activities for the kids and adults to enjoy.
- The Farmer’s Market is a great way to spend a morning. This public market is one of the largest farmer’s markets in the country. Many of the vendors offer free samples for you to try. Keep in mind that what you purchase is grown locally and supports our farming community’s economy.
- Public Art walk Dallas is a 3.3 mile walk that boasts thirty pieces of art, sculptures, and architecture. The free maps are available online for you to print and take with you when you go on your walk throughout downtown Dallas.
- It may sound too good to be true, however there are several restaurants in the area offering free or half price meals. A few places to check out include:
- Villa O on Monday nights you can enjoy a 2 course Mediterranean or Italian Dinner for free!
- Trece also on Monday try the free 2 course Tex-Mex dinner
- Frankies offers free pizza on Tuesday with the purchase of a beverage. You get whatever type of pizza they made that day, no special orders are included in this offer.
- Free sushi is available from 5:30-7 at Steel on Wednesday if you purchase drinks; the best part is the drinks are discounted because it’s Happy Hour!
As you can see there are a number of cheap things to do in Dallas. Payless Power, your retail electric provider, understands the challenge of enjoying life while you are on a budget. We hope these suggestions help you do just that!
Payless Power is a family-owned business, a quality that allows us to meet the needs of our customers with unprecedented success. As a Dallas Electricity company, despite our customer’s credit history or income level, we strive to keep everyone connected with our prepaid electricity plans. Our flexible payment schedules give you more options than traditional electrical companies, who demand payments or shut off your power. To find a plan that is better suited to your lifestyle and budget, set up your account today!