End of Summer Savings Rules
Payless Power will be running a special video series for two consecutive weeks in replacement of the weekly Bright Ideas contest to celebrate the end of summer. Instead of winning $100, the weekly winners will be receiving a bigger prize of $150 each. From August 24th – 27th and again from August 31st – September 3rd, Payless Power will be sharing one End of Summer-themed video a day. This video series, End of Summer Savings, is an 8-day video series broken up into two 4-day weeks that will offer fun end of summer-themed tips and include the opportunity for two customers to win $150 of free electricity from Payless Power. You will now have more chances to become a winner!
And what is even better? The weekly Bright Ideas contest will keep running before and after the End of Summer video series contest in August and September! There will be a contest each week whether it is the End of Summer Savings contest or the Bright Ideas contest.
There will be two different winners in total; one winner for the first week and one winner for the second week. There will be a question for each of the 4 videos of the week prompting the audience to comment and participate. In order to qualify to win, one must answer all 4 video questions of the same week. The End of Summer Savings video series contest will remain open until Friday at 10 AM EST. This means the first week’s contest will remain open until 10 AM EST on August 28th, and the second week’s contest will remain open until 10 AM EST on Friday, September 4th. The time in between the first video and the announcement of the winner, is the time for the Payless Power social media audience to participate in each of the 4 videos to be eligible for the prize. The timeline to enter the contest will be very similar to the weekly Bright Ideas contest. If you are not the first week’s winner, there will still be a chance to be the next week’s winner. The first winner of the End of Summer Savings video contest will be chosen on Friday, August 28th, and the second winner of the End of Summer Savings video contest will be chosen on Friday, September 4th.
Video Timeline: August 24th – August 27, 2020 & August 31st – September 3, 2020
1st week: 10 AM EST on August 27, 2020 – 10 AM EST on August 28, 2020
2nd week: 10 AM EST on September 3, 2020 – 10 AM EST September 4, 2020
Contest Closes/Winner Chosen: Friday, August 28, 2020 and Friday, September 4, 2020
- WHO CAN ENTER?
- All Payless Power customers are encouraged to participate. All participants must be a Payless Power customer to receive the $150 credit of free electricity.
- WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN?
- You MUST participate in all 4 of the video questions for either week. You can do this by simply commenting on each video with an answer to the proposed question. There will be a question for each video on Facebook that the user can participate in! This means users who wish to be entered are REQUIRED to submit answers to each of the 4 video questions from the SAME WEEK. So if you do not participate in all 4 videos from August 24 – August 27 or all 4 videos from August 31 – September 3, you will not be eligible for the $150 prize.
- WHERE DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRIES?
- All entries must be submitted via Facebook. Entries will be tracked on the Payless Power Facebook page and each of the video posts. Please post an answer on each video post. This will ensure your entries are accurately tracked.
- WHAT NAME SHOULD MY ENTRIES BE ENTERED UNDER?
- All users wishing to participate must use the same name when submitting answers to all 4 video questions. Using the same name allows the Payless Power team to track all entries correctly.
- HOW LONG IS THE CONTEST OPEN?
- This contest will be broken up into two parts with two different winners. The first part will open on Monday, August 24, 2020, when the first video goes live on Facebook. It will close Friday, August, 28, 2020, at 10:00 AM EST. The second part will open on Monday, August 31, 2020, when the first video of the second week goes live on Facebook. It will close Friday, September 4, 2020, at 10:00 AM EST. Any submissions or comments posted after 10:00 AM EST on either August 28th or on September 4th will not be accepted.
- DO MY ENTRIES NEED TO BE IN A SPECIFIC ORDER?
- Submissions for all 4 videos during the first week can be submitted any time of day between August 24th and August 28th at 10:00 AM EST. Submissions for all 4 videos during the second week can be submitted any time of day between August 31st and September 4th at 10:00 AM EST. The order in which one submits entries to each video’s question does not matter. As long as there are submissions to all 4 videos from the same week before August 28, 2020, at 10:00 AM EST, or before September 4, 2020, at 10:00 AM EST, you are eligible to win.
- WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
- Two winners will be chosen for the End of Summer Savings video series contest. The first winner will be chosen the morning of August 28, 2020, and the second winner will be chosen the morning of September 4, 2020. There will be an announcement on all Payless Power social media alerting the winners and all that entered. Once the winners are chosen, Payless Power will private message the winners separately asking for their information and account information.
- WHAT IS THE PRIZE?
- Two winners will be credited $150 of free electricity each to their Payless Power accounts.
- WHEN WILL THE WINNERS RECEIVE THEIR PRIZE?
- The winners can expect to see the credit reflected in their accounts 1-3 business days after it was announced they had won. Payless Power will confirm with the winners once the credit has been added to the account.
- WILL THE BRIGHT IDEAS CONTEST STILL BE GOING ON DURING AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER
- Yes and no! The End of Summer Savings contest will just be replacing two weeks of the weekly Bright Ideas Contest. Once the End of Summer Savings contest is over, the weekly Bright Ideas contest will resume the following week. There will not be a week without a contest!
- HOW IS THIS CONTEST DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVIOUS VIDEO SERIES CONTESTS?
- The End of Summer Savings contest will be more of a hybrid between the weekly Bright Ideas contest and the previous seasonal video series contests. This contest will be broken up into two weeks where there will be one winner in the first week and a different winner in the second week. The time frame between when you can enter the contest and when the winner is chosen will be just like the weekly Bright Ideas contest: Monday – Friday AM (See 5. How Long is the Contest Open for more details). However, you must participate in each of the 4 videos for that week in order to be that week’s winner.