When you start comparing Texas energy plans, it can be easy to get a little overwhelmed. Log on to any Texas energy comparison website or search engine and you’ll a see wide variety of retail electric providers (REPs) vying for your business. But digging up the lowest, best rates and plans doesn’t have to be a challenge. If you know what to look for, it’ll become clear which provider best suits your financial and lifestyle requirements.
Payless Power has compiled 5 chief factors you’ll want take into account as you look for the best energy plans:
- Rate Fluctuations and Types – The anatomy of a rate might seem tough to crack, but once you understand rate types and fluctuations, it’s easy to narrow down your choices. In general, a provider will offer either fixed, variable, or indexed rates. Sometimes they’ll offer all three. Fixed rates are pre-calculated, and stay unchanged for 12–24 months. Although variable or indexed rates may seem cheaper than fixed, they fluctuate frequently with the market and public use index, affecting your bill as the rate dips or rises. Compare all fixed rates, or all variable or indexed rates for a more accurate evaluation.
- Upfront Savings – Once you’ve picked a provider based on rate fees, look to see what kind of upfront savings you might be capitalizing on. Elements that lead to upfront savings include no deposit electric options, same-day connection, and no credit check requirements. The less you have to pay upfront and the more opportunities you have to receive immediate service, the better.
- Prepaid Options – Prepaid energy options also often point to big savings and reliable plans. Prepaid allows you to simply pay for what you use, not a penny more. The best prepaid companies also offer usage notification services, making it easy to stay on top of your consumption habits, helping you save more each month. At Payless Power, for example, our prepaid program allows customers to save up to 27% on each energy bill.
- Unexpected Fees – Carefully read the terms of any contract or electricity plan to make sure you won’t be ambushed by unexpected costs. Late fees, peak hour fees, and cancellation penalties all add up, making what seemed like a good deal a much more costly endeavor. The best Texas energy plans and providers outline their services using clear, legible language, not jumbled with legalese. If possible, find a no contract provider for your electricity connection.
- Customer Service Quality – An often overlooked factor, the quality of a provider’s customer service may be a litmus test for the reliability of their rates and plan. Call up a rep, and chat about the services they offer. Are they kind? Do you they explain the terms in a clear, friendly manner? Also, check out online reviews to make sure the company is in good standings with its customers. You want a provider who stands up for you.
Of all the Texas energy plans available to you, it’s easy to find the best rates.SHOP RATES NOW with Payless Power today for low, competitive rates and superior service that keeps you saving, even in the hottest months.