We hope that all of our Payless Power customers have a happy and energy efficient Memorial Day weekend!
Here are some tips about how to celebrate the long holiday weekend and still be green:
- Before you leave work for the long weekend, be sure you have properly shut down!
- Grill instead of using the stove top. Remember that the grill isn’t just for burgers and brats! See if you can make your entire feast on the grill. The Food Network has 50 recipes to help you an energy efficient menu.
- Host an energy-free potluck. Encourage your guests to bring foods to the party that don’t require cooking such as salads, fresh fruit and vegetable platters, cheese and crackers.
- Walk or bike to your destination. Enjoy the summer weather and nature! Instead of driving, hike or cycle
- Forgo the paper plates and napkins. If you’re hosting a Memorial Day party, try to skip the convenience of disposables and pass out reusable plates, cups and flatware. If you do need to use disposable items, purchase ones that are made from recycled goods and are recyclable.
- Shut down! The lights, the computer, the TV, the AC…turn it all off for just one day. Reducing your use for even one day can make a strong impact on the environment, and your bill!
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and save energy where you can! To learn more ways to save money on electricity, visit https://paylesspower.com. Offering cheap energy plans to suit both personal and business needs, Payless Power is a company committed to providing people not only with some of the best cheap electricity rates in Texas, but also with helpful customer service. Visit the website to learn more about how to save electricity at home, or connect with the online community on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.