Looking for energy-saving, wallet-friendly activities to help your family end the summer on a high note? Check the list below to learn about free events happening soon in your area. Get out of the house, save some energy and try something new before the summer is over!
Corpus Christi: Movie & Popcorn Night, Rockport Aquarium Center, August 4
- Spend your Friday night enjoying a screening of The Lorax and indulging in some popcorn at the Rockport Aquarium Education Center. With both free film admission and free popcorn, it will surely be an event the whole family can enjoy. No registration is required, but for more information and other summer events from Rockport Aquarium Center, click here.
Dallas: Ninjago LEGO Mosaic Event, LEGOLAND Discovery Center, August 10
- Help build a massive Ninjago LEGO mosaic! On August 10 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. the LEGOLAND Discovery Center is encouraging the public to help create a six-foot-tall, 10-foot-wide mosaic featuring SenseI Wu and six other ninjas from LEGO’s Ninjago TV show and toy line. It will be assembled similarly to a paint by numbers painting which will allow all ages to participate. To find out more, click here.
Fort Worth: Candy Man & Candy Castle Exhibit, Fort Works Art, August 2 – September 9
- Explore a life-like art exhibit inspired by popular childhood game, Candyland, at Fort Works Art. The exhibit is Candy Man & Candy Castle, which is filled with colorful, interactive and life-size art. The free, family-friendly exhibit is the perfect place to escape the summer heat. The exhibit opens on August 2 and will run through September 9. For exhibit times and directions, click here.
Houston: Bank of America Screen on the Green: Finding Dory, Anheuser-Busch Stage at Discovery Green, August 12
- Save energy while still enjoying a movie by heading to Discovery Green’s screening of Finding Dory. Bring the whole family to enjoy a fun summer night in the city with an outdoor movie at Anhauser-Busch Stage. Remember to bring a blanket! For more information, see here.
Odessa: Hot Summer Nights Concert Series featuring Mark Lyon, Noël Plaza, August 4
- Check out the last concert of the Hot Summer Night Concert Series on August 4 at Noël Plaza in Downtown Odessa! Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a beautiful night. There will be food trucks, free activities for children, all set to the music of Mark Lyon. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be moved to the Permian Playhouse. Learn more about the event here.
Waco: Heart of Texas Farmer’s Market, Extraco Events Center, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays in August
- Head over to the Extraco Events Center in Waco to check out tons of local produce stands. The farmer’s market is open from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday through August 22. Kids will love all the sights, sounds and smells of the market. To learn more and support your local farmers, click here.
Wichita Falls: Youth Ballet Free Dance Week, Wichita Falls Youth Ballet, August 7-10
- Don’t miss out on Wichita Falls Youth Ballet’s week of free dance classes. Running from August 7-10, the ballet studio will be offering dance classes for all ages and skill levels. Each day has three different dance sessions for kids to choose from. Class offerings include Mommy & Me, toddler, pre-ballet, beginner ballet, jazz, hip-hop and creative movement. With many options to choose from, there’s a class to suit everyone! To learn more, click here.
For a chance to save even more money, participate in our weekly $100 electricity giveaway by answering the trivia question on our Facebook page!