Trying to live frugally and find cheap things to do in Dallas? From free museum days to outdoor excursions, the city has plenty to offer those living on a budget. For residents, there’s plenty to recommend the city; the great weather, plentiful cultural opportunities, and cheap electricity in Dallas are just a few of the factors that make this city a great place to live. Whether you are a resident or a visitor, a museum buff or the outdoorsy type, you will be sure to find fun and cheap things to do in Dallas.
- The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States. Myriad festivals augment the already impressive array of arts activities, including the Dallas Museum of Art, the AT&T Performing Arts Center, Nasher Sculpture Center, Crow Collection of Asian Art, and the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center. For an outdoor art experience, try the Public Art Walk Dallas! A free self-guided 3.3-mile walk, it offers exposure to art and architecture as well as exercise.
- Is architecture your thing? If so, you are in luck, because one of the great cheap things to do in Dallas is gawking at the sites. From the I.M. Pei designed City Hall, to downtown’s Fountain Place, there’s plenty to see in Dallas.
- Are you more into people watching? Check out the Galleria, where celebrities like Carrie Underwood, Robert Pattinson, and Mary J. Blige are likely to make an appearance.
- Need something fun and educational to do with the kids? The Museum of Nature & Science is offering a wild weather ride with The Magic School Bus™ Kicks up a Storm, a bilingual, hands-on exhibit. Climb around The Magic School Bus™, visit Ms. Frizzle’s classroom and more!
- Ready to get outside? Check out the Trinity River Audubon Center. With 120 hands-on exhibits, nature viewing trails, and a Children’s Discovery Garden, this is the perfect place for the whole family.
- Would you believe that one of the best cheap things to do in Dallas might be paying your electric bill? Deregulation in Texas has prompted electric providers in Dallas to compete for your business with cheap electricity, often from sustainable resources.
Everyone knows it’s more fun to spend you money on fun things to do in your local city. While you are looking for cheap things to do in Dallas, it’s a good idea to expand your entertainment budget by lowering your bills! That’s why Payless Power seeks to offer you low electric rates in Dallas so you can put more money into your life and not your bill. Call us today to find out if prepaid electricity is right for you, or visit the website to learn more about one of the best electric companies in Dallas.