Join Our Team
Simply Click "APPLY NOW" to take a quick 2-question survey, and remember to attach your resume after completing it. Your information is kept confidential; we don't sell or share it with others.
The Customer Care Team Lead is primarily responsible for assisting with the management of the daily activities of the customer service associates by providing day to day coaching and feedback. The Team Lead works to maintain a high-quality work environment, that motivates the team to perform at their highest level.
Additionally, the position is responsible for maintaining communication with the department managers regarding team development, scheduling and reward/recognition programs.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Rotation schedule 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Supervisor Saturday rotation work schedule will be required as job duties demand. Weekend email responses will be scheduled as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate daily direction to employees.
- Works with Tasks in SmartGridCIS
- Handles Level 2 Escalation calls.
- Provides continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Suggests methods to improve operation, efficiency and service to both internal and external Payless Power customers.
- Provides statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member (1 on 1 meetings each month).
- Knowledgeable in assisting employees experiencing account/system issues.
- Ensures employees have thorough comprehension of all new and existing processes related to customer accounts, business systems and other resources related to job performance.
- Reviews Quality Assurance report weekly and provides feedback to associates when needed.
- Supervises employees and ensures customer contacts are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Completes 1 on 1 meetings and tracks for trends in areas of QA, coaching opportunities, and DMOQ trends.
- Utilizes software CXOne Interaction Analytics soft to monitor Customer Experience trends on a employee and team basis.
- Utilizes other company provided employee efficiency software as provided.
- Proactively identifies areas of opportunity with employee and team performance including Customer Experience, Utilization of customer escalation methods such as LEAP, efficiency metrics, accuracy, and understanding and analysis of customer billing, company systems, industry rules and regulations, and internal business follows.
- Uses professional business etiquette and flexible communication methods to ensure reduce interpersonal conflict with employees and customers.
- Utilizes a values-based employee support methodology to drive improvement on an individual and team basis.
- Audits weekly SmartGridCIS task data to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates daily Pod Lead activities.
- Audits Pod Lead emails and escalation recordings to ensure use of LEAP and other quality requirements.
- Reviews escalation and call review trackers to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Creates and maintains opportunity tracker reports to identify opportunity trends.
- Track, prepare and report CCA and Pod Lead coaching information to Customer Care Manager for review.
- Assists trainer in addressing issues with ongoing training including training update reviews,
- Prepares and delivers Pod Lead quarterly, six month and annual reviews.
- Lead employee annual review meetings
- Prepares and delivers 90 day, 6 month and 12 month reviews and re-certifications
- Participates in new hire interview process with CCD or CCM.
- Participates in Customer Care Disciplinary Committee to determine disciplinary actions for their Team Members including potential termination suggestions to be sent to the Payless Power Termination Committee.
- Prepares written coaching, feedback to representatives at risk of trending, Performance Improvement Plans, and Letters of Warning using established disciplinary criteria for approval by CCM and conducts disciplinary meetings and follow-ups as needed
- Review Team Schedule
- Monitor team’s unavailable time on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for excessive use of unavailable codes.
- Addresses excessive unavailable time with representative and keep managers informed for potential disciplinary action.
- Backfill for employee schedule creation as needed.
- Works with IT department to test software enhancements to SmartGrid, InContact/ CXOne and any future software products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Six months Payless Power or previous call center management experience.
- Previous inbound and outbound call center or related customer service experience
- Computer Proficiency; ability to easily toggle between systems, navigate through the Internet and have an understanding Microsoft Office Programs, including Word and Excel
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance in accordance to company/department policy
- Ability to read and interpret documents, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or organizations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- No disciplinary action with in the past 30 days
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds professionally to questions.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity- Completes work in timely manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is required to have close visual acuity for viewing and operating a computer. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.