Are you thinking about finding some fun and romantic things to do to enjoy your Valentine’s Day on a budget? Whether it is a romantic soiree for you and your lover or a family fun activity, we at Payless Power, your retail electric provider, have some ideas for you to look into to enjoy the holiday without breaking the bank!
- Why not ask Grandma or a close friend to watch the kids and plan a romantic evening at home? Include a favorite wine, dinner and dessert, and light the candles, turn the lights down low and put on some soft music in the background. He or she will appreciate all your efforts, especially if it is a surprise!
- Create a scavenger hunt in Dallas for your sweetheart to figure out. Try to include all your “special” places, like the place where you met, where you had your first date, etc. Set all your clues at the various locations, ending back at your place!
- Check out the local hotels’ websites or call them directly and ask if they are offering any special packages or promotions for Valentine’s Day. Surprise your significant other with a getaway weekend right in your own home town!
- Go to the library or the nearest Redbox and pick out movies that are especially romantic or involve Valentine’s Day specifically, like Sleepless in Seattle or Valentine’s Day. If the party includes the kids, let them watch something like Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin before going to bed; then it is your turn to snuggle and watch your movie!
- Enjoy a quiet evening at home with special treats you can make ahead of time, such as chocolate-covered popcorn or pretzels, chocolate-dipped strawberries and heart-shaped sugar cookies or cupcakes. Have champagne or ginger ale with a splash of cranberry juice in special wine glasses or flutes to drink while watching a movie or listening to music!
- Children enjoy doing arts and crafts at home. Buy some red and pink construction paper, paper doilies and glue and help them make their own special Valentine’s cards and decorations. If your time and budget allows, make several Valentine’s cards and take your kids to the local nursing home or the children’s ward at the local hospital and let them distribute the cards to the patients. It is a good idea to call the facility first to make sure they okay this idea.
- Another fun craft project for kids is to make Salt Dough hearts and alphabet letters. All you need is flour, salt, water, a mixing bowl, a small pot and either wax paper or aluminum foil. The recipe for this variation of play dough is easy to find online along with suggestions for decorating their works of art with various embellishments or paint.
Hopefully these suggestions for couples or amilies will get you started as you plan your Valentine’s Day on a budget and without spending a fortune. At Payless Power, your retail electric provider, we understand how difficult it can be to plan creative holiday activities while staying within your budget!
Payless Power is a family-owned business, a quality that allows us to meet the needs of our customers with unprecedented success. Despite our customer’s credit history or income level, we strive to keep everyone connected with our prepaid electricity plans. Our flexible payment schedules give you more options than traditional electrical companies, who demand payments or shut off your power. To find a plan that is better suited to your lifestyle and budget, set up your account today! For more information about Payless Power, find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Also, read our blog for the latest updates.